Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mind the gap Final



This is the final version. Crappy lighting and everything.... I need to play around with mental ray in Maya some more. I did quite a few test renders and thought I had everything working well. Oh well, live and learn.

All in all I am pretty pleased with how this turned out. My second [real] animation in 3d. Certainly not perfect, but quite a leap from the first. Next thing to tackle in my animation is to get the character to loosen up a bit. Mechanically I am feeling confident. Technique-wise I am much more confident (building poses in 3d is not like drawing out a pose-test in 2d. It requires a more deft touch at times). Acting still needs great improvement, but that's part of the process. SO! Get some more life into the character!

Also, I am thinking I need to gussy up this blog. It's pretty bland. If I am going to continue updating like I have it needs to be more "me."

No comments:

Post a Comment